Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Books on the Brain

The last couple of years reading has taken a back seat to my knitting. However, lately I've been itching to read. If I could only read and knit at the same time! I know some people can...but I can't. I have done a few books on tape...but I do prefer to read the book. A few weeks ago Something sparked about the classics. I can't remember now what triggered it but it started me really thinking about books and books I've read. I ran across a couple of book meme's so I thought I'd give 'em a go. So...here is the first one and later I'll post the second which is a list of books you've read, have on a shelf, or want to read. I'm not tagging anybody but if you decide to do the meme's please leave me a comment so I can check it out. I love to know what everyone else is reading!


Book meme (even though it is a BOOK meme I answered more about authors)
A book that made you cry: Several have made me cry…the one that made me absolutely bawl (through most of the book) was The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I’ve never read another one of his books. Yes I'm a wimp when it comes to sad stories!





A book that scared you: Hmmm…I can’t really think of one. I don’t really read many scary books.





A book that made you laugh: Again there are many. Anything by Mary Janice Davidson makes me laugh out loud. Seriously. Go. Buy. READ.



A book that disgusted you: I can’t really think of one.



A book you loved in elementary school: I would say James and the Giant Peach and anything by Beverly Cleary

A book you loved in middle school.
Anything Nancy Drew…it was an obsession. There was one particular one that was a favorite that I checked out a zillion times and I can’t remember the name of it.





A book you loved in high school: It was a 3 series set by Christopher Pike. Final Friends. Oh I read them over and over. Most of his books, some R.L. Stine, Julian F. Thompson, Long Live the Queen by Ellen Emerson White was awesome!

A book you hated in high school: There were a couple…I really did not enjoy The Grapes of Wrath (I KNOW).





A book you loved in college: I don’t really associate any particular titles with this time. I think this was my romance period. Lots and lots of romance. Anything by Sandra Brown, Megan McKinney, Tami Hoag, Barbara Woods etc…were my favorites.





A book that challenged your identity: I don’t know that any have. I will say, that one that really touched me and made me think was A Time to Kill by John Grisham. They made the movie years later and it was very well done but I still remember not being able to put that book down and how it made my heart hurt.





A series that you love: Oh you KNOW there will be more than one lol. Laurell K Hamilton’s Anita Blake series is my top favorite obsession. Mary Janice Davidson’s Betsy series, Bitch out of Water series, and Kim Harrisons series.



Your favorite horror book: I don’t really read horror…although some stores put Laurel K Hamiltons books in the horror section. I don’t really consider them that.



Your favorite science fiction book: Again it seems sometimes these are in fantasy and sometimes in science fiction. I like Tanya Huff’s Keeper series.





Your favorite fantasy book: Harry Potter series and The Hobbit



Your favorite mystery book: Tami Hoags Lucky’s Lady and Cry Wolf which are really romance but have great mysteries to them. I also enjoy Jeffery Deaver. He can write a twisting turning mystery!





Your favorite historical novel: tough one…I don't read a ton of what I consider historical novels any more. I would say Barbara Woods is my favorite historical AUTHOR. Recently I really enjoyed The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, I'm not sure if it is classified as historical or not.





Your favorite biography: Don’t really read them.





Your favorite “coming-of-age” book: It's been a long time but I would have to say The Grounding of Group 6 by Julian F Thompson and/or Long Live the Queen and Life without Friends by Ellen Emerson White. Those were wonderful young adult books that I still remember.





Your favorite classic: Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland and To Kill a Mockingbird



Your favorite romance book: See Tami Hoags mystery’s above. And Kathryn Harvey (Barbara Woods) two book series Star and Butterfly. If you have not read these and you like a wild, enthralling, steamy read….RUN to your store or computer and get them NOW.



Your favorite book not on this list: Hmmm… I would highly recommend Phantom by Susan Kay. It is her own twist on phantom of the opera and it is amazing! I also really loved Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.



This was fun :) Yes I'm a geek so what!



What are YOU reading and what are your all time favorite books??

No comments: