Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Wine Anyone?

'Tis pity wine should be so deleterious, for tea and coffee leave us much more serious” Lord Byron

Guess where I am going tonight? A wine tasting. Yup. Me. A wine tasting in Waco. merLOT anyone? To those that don't know me you might think...big deal. I don't exactly drink wine. Wine gives me a headache and makes me hot. As in hot flashes. Also, sadly my tastes in libations run to harder and usually more expensive beverages.

The thing is I've never actually been to a wine tasting that I can remember. My sister says they usually end up a "drunk fest". We are going with some friends who do love the drink a touch so I have a feeling the night will live up to that title. :) Honestly I wish I had not committed to go as I will miss the Mavericks game. So on one side we have me in my jammies with a cat in my lap and knitting in hand. OR we have a wine tasting with some lively and fun people. Hmmm...

The good news is they are serving dinner as well. Which I am very thankful for since the piece of cardboard (chicken breast) and veggies I had for lunch have left me ready to chew through my desk.

Tomorrow: more on cardboard chicken and why I need to lose about 100 pounds in 3 months.

No comments: