Monday, July 23, 2007

No words...

(No worries...no spoilers here)

I started Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at 8:30 Saturday night and finished at about 6:30am Sunday Morning. I haven't stayed up all night in years! Around 3:30 I thought my eyeballs were going to fall out and I had to break out the eye drops. I'm sure it was just from marathon reading and not crying like a loon.

It is a WONDERFUL book, and it answers many of the questions and mysteries we've been wondering about. It's funny and sad, and thrilling and just....lovely. No words I can type will do it justice.

You know, I don't do sad as a general rule. Sad books or movies. It will be a while before I can re-read the book again, it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster...at least for me.

There are two things that just amaze me. First the wide spread interest in the series of books. I was out of town on Saturday and every where I went (yarn stores, grocery stores) I heard people talking about the book. Secondly, how difficult it must have been to have written that book. The Deathly Hallows is PACKED with action, characters and giving us the answers we've been waiting for.

J.K. Rowling did it brilliantly!

No comments: