Thursday, January 11, 2007

Friends and the winds of change

I seem to struggle with my friends for some reason. It always seems as though things are a little one sided. Not that I'm some amazing fantastical friend or anything...but I would like the basic best friend perks. ASKING how I am when we talk or go to lunch. Offering to help when I need it or at least when I ask for it which is very very rare. Not just calling me when my help is needed to fix your computer or fix a flyer for you or take you to pick up your car. Am I being unrealistic? Apparently so. For some strange reason I think that since I do and offer those things it should be returned. For example today I felt the need to get out of the office. I email my friend and we make plans for lunch. I tell her I will be there at 11:00. Now she is always late so I know I have time to run in and pick up a magazine at the bookstore. As I'm checking out my cell rings. I know what she is going to say. I'm on my way, oh and X is coming with me. Lateness is one of her things and I can deal with that. Her inviting her co-workers (which I know since I used to work there too) I can handle SOMETIMES. Back for her Birthday she was kind of down so we make plans for me to take her to lunch. She brings SEVEN other co-workers with her. So today she only brings one but it is one who is newly divorced and seeing another friend/business acquaintance and I'm happy for them but I don't want to listen to her talk about being in bed with him and telling me things I don't want to know. Which she did for the ENTIRE lunch because my friend stayed on her cell phone most of the time. Other than mentioning my hair cut my friend didn't ask or say anything else to me. Am I being picky? Am I being a bitch? Maybe.

Winds of change...we (meaning my sister and I) are looking into a new business venture. It's top secret...but we are taking a trip in a few days to visit a facility of sorts and observe. If we decide to do it which I think we pretty much have, it is just a matter of in what capacity...life is going to change drastically. I'm excited and nervous!! One one hand I think it would be the most awesome thing to do...on the other it is going to be some freaking hard work. Oh and people are going to think we've lost our minds! hehe we probably have!

so I'm going to be on a plane the entire day Sunday and hopefully will get in some good knitting time!

No comments: