Ok, to be truthfull, I actually did this list several months ago. As in before the holidays last year. So some things have changed but I decided to post anyway. I'll do an updated one again sometime. I saw that a lot of people had this on their blog and decided to try it. I was really just curious to see if I could come up with 100 things. It was actually easier than I expected.
So here you go 100 things about Amy, probably more than you ever wanted to know.
100 Things About me:
1. I love helping people
2. I love to laugh
3. I love to make things especially if they involve yarn or fabric..though I can’t sew.
4. I like cooking, I love baking, I loathe doing the dishes
5. I don’t like summer
6. I’m the baby and the peacemaker of the family
7. The last concert I went to was Trans-Siberian Orchestra. If you ever have the chance to see them, you MUST GO. Do not let the name fool you, they ROCK.
8. I’m horrible at punctuation and not much better at grammar. If I put more effort into it I could be better but sadly it just isn’t a priority (unless it is work related).
9. I love to dance, though I pretty much suck at it. But life is short
10. I LOVE Fall. I become crazed and obsessed with decorating and crafting.
11. I believe people make things too complicated in their lives and in others.
12. I wish I were brave
13. I think Birthdays are and should be special. I think you should make a big deal of that person for their Birthday. My family does not share this thought.
14. People who do not discipline or control their children and do not teach them to respect others are annoying and they are creating selfish inconsiderate people.
15. You know that saying, “the more people I know the better I like my…dog/cat” This is true! Sad. True.
16. People need more hobbies that involve creating something and doing things for someone else.
17. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I ADORE the “idea” of Christmas, and no it never lives up to the “ideal” but…it’s ok J Christmas music, movies, decorations, gift giving, cooking, family…I. LOVE IT!
18. I usually start listening to Christmas music EARLY…like months early. If you have never heard Fat’s Domino singing his version of Jingle Bells…email me…you CANNOT stop tapping your foot. I promise!
19. I always spend more money than I have on the people I love. I’ve wasted too much money on people that didn’t deserve it though. *coughs* (ex-boyfriends)
20. I RARELY ever turn my heat on in the winter.
21. I AM NOT A “CAT PERSON” DAMMIT
22. I love my kitties. Yes I have 3 do you have a problem with that? I have dogs too! (amended- I now only have 2 kitties and 1 dog)
23. I can not resist animal babies. Kittens, puppies, you name it. Yes I have SUCKER written on my forehead.
24. I always stay at jobs and in relationships longer than I should.
25. I love working jigsaw puzzles, but don’t like the really really hard ones.
26. I collect antique red kitchen stuff
27. I am a yarn-aholic. Yes I need help. If I actually had the money to buy as much as I wanted…we would have a serious problem.
28. My sister drives me insane and she is my best friend
29. I will not iron. Nope, won’t do it.
30. Yes I really do like living alone. If you don’t believe me I can give you a list of reasons!
31. My favorite way to spend a Sunday is in bed napping with the cat’s, watching movies and maybe a little knitting. If it happens to be rainy, that’s even better!
32. I couldn’t wait to get out of the country and move “in town” growing up. Now I love my two acres in the middle of nowhere.
33. I have always wanted to be a writer and or write a book. It’s the one dream I’ve had since I was about 12.
34. I try not to have regrets. They hold you back. I look at everything as a learning experience. Some are just much more painful than others.
35. I am too nice for my own good most of the time.
36. I do not have the ability to say no to my family.
37. Chocolate is the best drug there is.
38. I do not handle death well. Ok make that very badly.
39. I hate it when people just want to use you as a dumping ground for their problems.
40. I go to Target WAAAY to much. In my defense though…it is just across the street from the office! And…I just need ONE thing…ok maybe three…at least they don’t carry yarn…I would be in serious trouble.
41. I like old stuff. I like keepsakes and sentimental things even better.
42. I like using things for purposes other than they are intended.
43. On Friday’s when I get to drive to work by myself I listen to my music loud and stop for starbucks. This makes me very happy!
44. I am SO. NOT. A. MORNING. PERSON. It’s really best if you don’t speak to me before 10am PERIOD. Email is ok though.
45. I hate talking on the phone
46. I soooo do not miss working retail!! Ok maybe a tiny tiny wee sick sadistic part of me misses Christmas time…but it passes QUICKLY.
47. I have learned pets and carpet do not mix. It’s best to not have the carpet!
48. I hate it when people are unkind. I hate it even more when family is unkind to other family. There is no excuse.
49. I’m not tolerant of small minded, petty, childish acting adults who know better. Particularly when they are related to me.
50. Yes I drink. Yes I curse too much. Yes I’m over 30 and not married. Yes I like to make people laugh and hate doom and gloom. Get over it already.
51. Cleaning is not my first priority. You miss too much of life obsessing over if people think your house is clean enough.
52. It’s the only life you got, yes it may suck sometimes but enjoy what you can of it. Otherwise what’s the point?
53. I love cruises and have gone on… at least six I think
54. I led a pretty boring life in my twenties…I’m making up for it…or trying to!
55. People who knew me growing up are shocked I work with my family, and live next door to my parents. I like it…shh don’t tell!
56. I used to not like science fiction. I do now so I suppose there is hope for me!
57. I have a thing for vampire books…(but not those by Ann Rice)
58. I have enough books to start a used book store
59. Last time I moved my Mother threatened that if she opened another box and it had books or spices in it she was throwing it away. What can I say?
60. I want to go to Mardi Gras some day
61. I love traveling. I hate flying. It’s tiring, annoying, cramped, and did I mention annoying?
62. I did not get Cable tv until 2 years ago…well and it’s a dish…I live in BFE
63. My longest relationship was 5 ½ years
64. I truly like being single. Not forever but I am the happiest I’ve ever been.
65. I do have hermit like, introverted tendancies. But they don’t last forever.
66. I don’t like sad movies.
67. I will not watch movies about animals…see above!
68. I want to go to Alaska, Australia, New York, and Europe. To name a few…
69. The commercialization of holiday’s in retail stores makes me sad. I’m the first to want to start decorating for fall or Christmas but NOT IN FEBRUARY.
70. I hate discussing politics.
71. I do not like talk shows, especially when they scream over each other
72. I don’t really care for reality tv
73. I love food that is bad for me. French Fries, Chocolate, and Chinese food
74. My last vacation was a cruise of 13 family members and friends ranging in age 28 to 80. It was the best vacation EVER.
75. B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, and (Stevie Ray Vaughn’s brother…cant think of his name) all on stage having an old fashion jam session. The COOLEST thing I’ve ever witnessed or been to. I would pay 5 times more to do it again.
76. Last year was the first time I have ever been to Galveston to the coast.
77. I love being on, riding in boats. Big ships cruising or fishing boats SPEEDING. Love it!
78. I love old movies. Comedies and Musicals. If they have Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, or Cary Grant even better.
79. I love campy movies that make fun of scary or mystery movies. Ex: Clue, Private Eyes, Murder by Death…
80. I don’t care for the really silly outrageous bathroom humor comedies.
81. I am not so secretly a Harry Potter nut. But I’m behind on the books L
82. Anita Blake is a fictional character by Laurell K Hamilton. She is my hero. She kicks ass. She has serious issues, but did I mention she kicks ass?
83. Mary Janice Davidson is the funniest author I’ve read. Seriously, milk coming out your nose funny!
84.I am a night owl by nature. Work has changed that though.
85. I am a Libra. Whether you believe in astrology or not…Look up the description of Libra…that is so me. It’s all about balance and peace baby!
86. I am a magazine junkie
87. I enjoy doing some light yard work. Yeah it surprised me too.
88. I did not know any of my grandparents
89. I enjoy reading people’s blogs way too much
90. do you have any idea how hard it is to give a cat medicine?
91. I have tendacies to buy too much bath and body stuff
92. News, journalism and television journalist are no longer useful, no longer true, no longer trust worthy. It is truly pitiful to watch them slobbering and obsessing over creating stories where there are none.
93. I have never been bowling
94. I don’t think there is a matchbox 20 song I don’t like
95. I am currently on round 3 of physical therapy for my back after an accident 9 years ago. Yeah it’s not fun.
96. I do not understand the fascination of people putting a picture of themselves flipping off the camera up on myspace. Why? What’s the point? Do they think they are being rebellious? Someone please ‘splain.
97. I don’t own an ipod. Yes I want one. And I will get one…just as soon as I win the lottery lol
98. I love the smell of cinnamon or apple/cinnamon my entire house smells like it all fall!
99. I don’t make my bed unless I know someone is coming over
100. I have this odd urge to go camping at the moment. Sitting in a fall forest somewhere knitting my heart out sounds lovely. I’m allergic to cedar though so its probably a fantasy best not realized.