Friday, August 10, 2007

M.I.A.

Just thought I would check in since I haven't posted in quite some time. Where have I been? I've been around and doing tons of knitting. Sadly I've frogged most of it but I have been knitting.

At the beginning of the month an old friend asked me to dog sit for her while she went out of town for a few days. She has never left her pup for more than 2 days and didn't want to board her. I love dogs, right? So sure! Annie is a cutie but let me tell you, this dog WORE ME OUT! Talk about energy.



After being gone for several days it was really nice to be back home. I think I was missed.

This is the cat who for at least FIVE years has had nothing to do with me. When I got home she followed me around meowing at me and when I sat down to catch up on email the stinker jumped up and plopped down on my keyboard. She even, in a very very rare moment of affection, stuck her head up under my chin and gave me a little nuzzle! I think someone has given me an Abby impostor!



Also, before you start to think I'm a bad mama and over feed this fat kitty...I do not. I feed her according to my vet, a weight loss food and carefully measured amounts. She is not loosing weight but we will be looking into switching food again soon. SIGH.

Well, it has been a crazy week in the mortgage biz...and I it doesn't look like it will be getting any better. I'm about to leave for the week though and drive my Mom up to Dallas. My aunt is in the hospital and isn't doing very well. They may be sending her home this weekend but really, I don't think she is going to be with us much longer. Her heart is very weak and they just had to shock it to get it back into rhythm again. I'm not looking forward to what is to come, but thankfully we've been able to keep her with us a couple of more years than anyone expected.

So have a good weekend! Hug your loved ones to ok?

No comments: